Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Reisterstown, MD, United States
A practicing attorney who is trying to find the time to develop a small business designing, making and selling handmade jewelry.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Road Trip Day 2

Up at 6:30 after a sleepless night tossing and turning.  I guzzled a large coffee and grabbed a quick shower.  Then hit the road at 7:30.  It was a beautiful day.  The sun was shining brightly and it was 48 degrees when I climbed in the car.  I walked through the breakfast room at the hotel (breakfast was included) but I didn't see anything that struck my fancy.  I got another cup of coffee to go and headed out.

The day actually went pretty well.  First I listened to 6 CDs while I headed towards Amarillo, TX.  The scenery was interesting, if not what I would call beautiful.  Lots of rolling hills and empty spaces.  When I stopped to get gas,  I thought I would be getting hungry soon so I picked up a pay day.  I can't remember when I last had one.

When I got back in the car, I put a audio book on and drove on.  The book was "Shit my Dad Says."  It was fairly entertaining and before I knew it, I was getting to Dallas.  Fran was going to leave her car at her daughter's house so when she flys back on the 14th, she can drive herself home.   So, I met Fran at Tracy's house.  We spent a couple hours there just catching up before heading over to Fran's.  Unfortunately, it wasn't too long after we left Tracy's place when Fran said "I don't have the key to my apartment."  We had to turn around and go back to Tracy's to get her keys.

I guess it could have been worse.  It will be bedtime soon and then tomorrow we are heading to Little Rock.  I think we'll get there early enough to go bead shopping,  Two possibilities to check out...
Argenta Bead Company and Kitties Kreations.  If anyone knows anything about either of these shops or knows of another one in or around Little Rock, leave me a comment and we'll check it out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment