Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Reisterstown, MD, United States
A practicing attorney who is trying to find the time to develop a small business designing, making and selling handmade jewelry.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Remaking Jewelry

I seem to be a bit spacey these days.   For example, I recently made a green kyanite and lampwork necklace using some beads that I found a couple of years ago at the Tucson show.  It was really the first time I had spent more than $200 per strand for gemstone beads.  The green kyanite is spectacular!  In fact, I liked the green kyanite so much that I couldn't decide what to make with it.  I finally decided to make a simple wire wrapped necklace.  Here is the picture of the finished necklace.


I didn't notice until a photographed the necklace that it wasn't right.  The clasp in the front didn't lay right and it looked very asymmetrical.  It wasn't at all what I wanted it to be.  So, it was back to the drawing board for this one.

After cutting apart all my wonderful wire loops, I began again.  Sometimes, I have had to remake a necklace several times before I get it right.  This time, however, the second time was a charm.  Here are some pictures of the remade necklace that is now on sale in my Etsy, Artfire and Zibbet shops.



Ahhh, much better.

1 comment:

  1. Your post is providing some really good information. I liked its essence and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts about this blog and its much more helpful for us .
    Necklace jewellery Brisbane

    ReplyDelete